Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Karen Davidson, CPP
The City of Houston’s Payroll Services Division is responsible for the remuneration of over 22,000 City of Houston employees biweekly. Included in this responsibility is ensuring employee time and attendance are accurately recorded and that employees are paid the wages to which they are entitled; tax remittances are properly paid to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); garnishments are properly deducted from employee wages and remitted to the appropriate parties; reports are submitted accurately and timely to the IRS, Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas Department of Insurance – Division of Workers Compensation (TWC) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); accrued leave payouts due to terminations, resignations, retirements and employee deaths are promptly and accurately processed; and accurate W-2 statements are distributed as promptly as possible before the January 31 deadline.
Payroll support is available Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM at 832.393.8900 or by emailing email@example.com.
CITY OF HOUSTON TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
The City of Houston’s Time & Attendance System website is located at https://coh.kronos.net/wfc/htmlnavigator/logon.
For assistance regarding resetting your password (Controllers, Aviation, and Houston Police Departments only) or how to perform a certain function, please contact the Payroll Help Desk at 832.393.8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reset your password, please visit Passwordreset.houstontx.gov or call the HITS Help Desk at 832-394-HITS (4487).
- Aviation Employees contact (281) 233-1799
- HPD Employees contact (713) 308-1700
For assistance regarding Java issues or browser compatibility, please submit a ticket via the HITS Customer Service Center portal at help.houstontx.gov or contact your department helpdesk.
Non-exempt employees, the quick time stamp website is located at https://coh.kronos.net/wfc/applications/wtk/html/ess/quick-ts.jsp.
The TeleTime application can be accessed at 1.844.268.5412 to clock in and out by telephone. Employees must have Director’s approval to be able to clock their time by phone. Department Directors wishing to enable Teletime access for their department may submit a request to email@example.com.
The City’s Electronic Timekeeping Policy is located at https://www.houstontx.gov/adminpolicies/2-4.pdf.
The Employee Self Service (ESS) Portal provides the following payroll functionalities:
- View your current and past remuneration statements
- Update to your direct deposit banking instructions
- Update your W-4 withholding instructions
- View you current and past W-2 earnings statements
- View your current leave balance summary with estimated values
The portal is located at https://portal.houstontx.gov/irj/portal. Please contact the HITS help desk at 832-394-4487 if you have any problems logging in.
For copies of current or prior year W-2 earning statements, please complete the form located at https://www.houstontx.gov/ara/payrollforms/duplicate-w2.pdf and fax to 832-393-8520.
PAYROLL FORMS (PDF)
- Current IRS W-4 Form – this may now be updated at the ESS website
- Duplicate W-2 Request Form (updated 11.03.2014)
- Payroll Deductions Form (updated 04.15.2015)
- Direct Deposit Form – this may now be updated at the ESS website
- Death Termination Pay Beneficiary Designation Form – be sure your designated beneficiary receives your termination pay as soon as possible in the event of your untimely death. Complete and submit to the HR Department
TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM JOB AIDS
- Employee Manual
- First Time Employee Log-In (updated January 2020)
- Requesting Time Off (updated January 2020)
- TeleTime for Employees (updated January 2020)
- Time Clocks for Badge Swipe Employees (updated January 2020)
- Kronos v8 Supervisor Manual (updated October 2021)
- Absence Codes
- Approving Time Off (updated April 2021)
- Approving Timecards
- Attendance and Leave for Supervisors
- Building Hyperfind Queries
- Comp Time Payout Monitor
- Comp Time Versus Overtime Pay Code (updated April 2021)
- Cancel Meal Deductions (updated April 2021)
- Committing Intermittent FMLA Leave Time (Supervisor & Manager) (Updated 02.14.2019)
- Delegation of Authority (updated April 2021)
- Schedule Work Rule Groups (Non-Exempt Employees)
- SWM Attendance Editor
- Time Clocks for Badge Swipe Supervisors
Reports for Supervisors
- Overtime and Paid Comp Time Report (updated August 2021)
- Accrued Holiday Aging Report (updated August 2021)
KRONOS ONLINE LEARNING