Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Payroll Services - Employees
The City of Houston’s Time & Attendance System website is located at
TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM JOB AIDS
Electronic Timekeeping Job aids are one or two page documents with simple instructions and examples for everyday tasks (.pdf).
- Time Clocks for Badge Swipe Employees
- TeleTime for Employees
- Timestamp and Quick Time Stamp Employee Tasks-Kronos Employee Navigator Quick Job Aid-Includes instructions on how to view timecard and schedule, request time off, record timestamp and quick time stamp, view reports and print timecard.
- Requesting Time Off
- First Time Employee Log-In
- Absence Codes
- Schedule Work Rule Groups (Non-Exempt Employees)
Non-exempt employees: the quick time stamp website is located at https://coh.kronos.net/wfc/applications/wtk/html/ess/quick-ts.jsp.
The TeleTime application can be accessed at 1.844.268.5412 to clock in and out by telephone. Employees must have Director’s approval to be able to clock their time by phone. Department Directors wishing to enable Teletime access for their department may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City’s Electronic Timekeeping Policy is located at https://www.houstontx.gov/adminpolicies/2-4.pdf
KRONOS ONLINE LEARNING
TMS Course Information-Click on course number to register.
- Kronos Navigator for Employees (Web-based), Course Number 25842.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
The portal is located at https://portal.houstontx.gov/irj/portal. User: Employee ID, Password: SAP Password or Network Password.
The ESS Portal provides the following payroll functionalities:
- View your current and past remuneration statements
- Update to your direct deposit banking instructions
- Update your W-4 withholding instructions
- View you current and past W-2 earnings statements
- View your current leave balance summary with estimated values
Please contact the HITS help desk at 832.394.4487 or HITSCustomerServiceCenter@houstontx.gov if you have any problems logging in.
ESS Training Guide
For copies of current or prior year W-2 earning statements, please complete the form located at https://www.houstontx.gov/ara/payrollforms/duplicate-w2.pdf and fax to 832-393-8520.