> HPARD > Park Projects and Repairs
Park Projects and Repairs
- Hermann Brown Sprayground Restroom Closed – August 18, 2022 – Until Further Notice
The Herman Brown Park Sprayground Restroom will be closed beginning August 18, 2022 until further notice for repairs to the Lift Station.
- Mangum Manor – Playground Removed – November 3, 2023 – Until Further Notice
The Mangum Manor Playground has been removed and has been placed on the Playground Replacement List due to due to age and life expectancy. An estimated replacement is to be determined.
- Margret Jenkins Park - Playground Equipment Closed - October 18, 2022 – Until Further Notice.
Due to safety concerns, Margret Jenkins Playground Equipment will be removed on October 18, 2022.
- Mecom Fountain Closed - March 20, 2023 – Until Further Notice
Due to Pump/Motor repairs the Fountain will be closed beginning March 20, 2023, until further notice.
- Park at Palm Center Closed - July 2023 – April 2024
The park will be close for park renovations that include landscaping and irrigation renovation, shade fabric replacement on existing shade canopy frame, splashpad repainting, entry signs and art enhancements, and a new restroom facility and associated utilities. The project is being managed by the OST/Almeda Corridors Redevelopment Authority.
- Sunnyside Park Small Pool Closed - July 19, 2022 - Until Further Notice
The Sunnyside Park Small Pool will be closed beginning July 19, 2022, for plaster repairs.
- Trinity Gardens Park Basketball Pavilion Closed – September 29, 2023 – Until Further Notice
The Trinity Gardens Park Basketball is closed until further notice. We are currently in the design phase for the pavilion’s renovation.
- University Village Park Closed – April 2023 - December 2023
University Village Park will be closed for construction starting in April. The scope of the project includes a new play area with flower shade structure, swing, interactive play panels, hopscotch court, four square court; concrete seat wall and picnic table, lawn play area; fencing; perimeter sidewalks; native trees and associated drainage and detention.
- Windsor Village Community Center Closed – August 21 – November 2023
Construction at the Windsor Village Community Center will begin the week of August 21st. The scope of work includes full roof replacement and limited repairs and repainting to sections of the roof soffit and fascia. Construction is anticipated to last for three months with a substantial completion date in mid- November. During this time, the building will be closed to the staff and to constituents.