Solid Waste Management Department

Lawn Chemicals

If the pesticide, herbicide of fertilizer is in good condition, try to find a neighbor, friend, or family member that could make good use of it.

Granular (dry) fertilizer can go in your normal trash. However, make sure that it is just fertilizer and does not contain any pesticides or herbicides, such as in a "weed 'n feed"-type fertilizer. Unused pesticides, herbicides and liquid fertilizers may be properly disposed of at the Environmental Service Center.

If you do not live in an area that has a HHW collection program or events, ask your city administrators about purchasing HHW Disposal Vouchers from the City of Houston.  Your municipality can purchase vouchers for  $75/100 lbs. of material.

For more information, contact the City of Houston HHW Hotline at 832-393-7766.

Find more local recycling resources and facilities at Earth 911.com