Neighborhood Depository & Recycle Centers

Houstonians may use the depositories up to four times per month.  Citizens are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time to allow adequate time to unload. 

Neighborhood Depository

  • North - 9003 N Main 77022
  • Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
  • Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
  • Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
  • South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
  • Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
  • More Information

Recycling Centers

Locations where City of Houston residents may drop-off their recycling for proper handling. Visit each site link for details and accepted materials.
  • Westpark Center
  • Clear Lake/Ellington Airport
  • Kingwood
  • More Information
  • Environmental Service Centers

    Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers.
    • Environment Service Center - NORTH
      5614 Neches St., Houston, TX 77026
    • Environment Service Center - SOUTH
      11500 S. Post Oak Rd., Houston, TX 77035
    • More Information
    • Reuse Warehouse

      The City of Houston Building Materials Reuse Warehouse works to keep reusable building materials out of landfills and put them into the hands of those who can use them.


      Photo Identification: A current state of Texas issued identification card, such as Texas Driver’s license; Texas Department of Public Safety issued I.D. card; or Texas License to Carry Permit.


      Utility Bill - A utility bill, power, water or gas, from the current month or previous two (2) months. The address on the utility bill must match the address on the state issued identification. Electronic bills are accepted.

      Lease Agreement - If no utility bill is available, you may bring a copy of your current lease or rental agreement for a City of Houston address. The address on the lease or rental agreement must match the address on the state issued identification.*

      *For residential property owners whose primary residence is outside the state of Texas, who do not have a Texas ID, a current property tax bill must be shown; the names on the photo identification and tax bill must match.

      * For out-of-state STUDENTS at Houston universities, a current student I.D. may be used in place of a utility bill.

      Electronics Recycling

      Visit the Electronics Recycling page for a listing of accepted materials and facilities where residents may properly recycle their electoronics.

What Goes Where?

Enter the item you wish to dispose of into the web tool to find the proper disposal methods and locations, including recycling options and drop-off centers.