HOUSTON ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND HISTORICAL COMMISSION
The Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC) meetings are held in-person in the City Hall Annex Council Chamber, 900 Bagby Street, Public Level, Houston Texas, and virtually on Microsoft Teams. Meetings are also broadcasted on the HTV Houston municipal channel and streamed on the city’s HTV website. The meeting agenda and details will be posted on this page 72 hours in advance of each meeting.
To join this HAHC meeting, please use the following options:
Thursday, May 19, 2022 , 2:30 p.m.
- In-person meeting location at: 900 Bagby Street, City Council Chamber, Public Level, Houston, Texas
- Microsoft Teams by installing the App; or
- Join via WebBrowser: https://bit.ly/3FBkuIS or
- Join via Phone: 936-755-1521 Conference ID:576 441 772#
You can download staff reports here.The agenda packet may be updated prior to the meeting.
Call to Order
Mayor's Liaison's Report
Approval of April 21, 2022 HAHC Meeting Minutes
A. Public Hearing and Consideration of and Possible Action on a Protected Landmark Designation Application for The John C. Penn House at 428 Hawthorne St, Houston, TX, 77006.
B. Public Hearing and Consideration of and Possible Action on a Protected Landmark Designation Application for The House at 1134 E. 14th St, Houston, TX, 77009.
C. Consideration of and Possible Action on Certificate of Appropriateness Applications for Consent Agenda:
Type something in the input field to search the table for address, application type and historic district. Click the Address to view the staff report drafts for that location.
|Address||Application Type||Historic District|
|404 Highland St||Alteration - Addition||Woodland Heights|
|912 Cortlandt St||Alteration - Addition||Houston Heights South|
|828 Heights Blvd||Alteration – Siding, Porch, Other||Houston Heights South|
|1120 Ashland St||Alteration – Addition||Houston Heights West|
|1303 Cortlandt St||New Construction – Garage/Garage Apt||Houston Heights East|
|2911 Julian St
||Alteration - Addition||PLM – Klunkert Farmhouse|
|1973 W Gray St||Alteration – Doors, Windows, Storefront||LM – River Oaks Theatre and Shopping Center|
|101 W 14th St||Alteration – Sign||Houston Heights East|
|7603 Glenvista St||Alteration – Windows||Glenbrook Valley|
|623 Bayland Ave||Alteration - Addition||Woodland Heights|
|603 Euclid St||Alteration - Addition||Woodland Heights|
|604 Euclid St||Alteration - Addition||Woodland Heights|
|606 Highland St||Alteration - Addition||Woodland Heights|
|1029 Arlington St
||Alteration - Addition||Houston Heights South|
|1051 Heights Blvd||Alteration - Sign||Houston Heights South|
|4031 Norhill Blvd||Alteration – Addition||Norhill|
|1141 E 11th St Alteration||Alteration – Sign||Norhill|
D. Comments from the Public
E. Comments from the HAHC
F. Historic Preservation Officer’s Report
About the Commission
The HAHC is a 13-member appointed Commission that issues Certificates of Appropriateness and reviews Historic District, Landmark, Protected Landmark, and Archaeological Site designation applications.
- Ashley Elizabeth Jones – Archaeologist (Position 1)
- Tanya Debose – Historian (Position 2)
- Urmila Srinivasan – Architectural Historian (Position 3)
- Rhonda Sepulveda – Cultural History Organization Representative (Position 4)
- David Bucek – Registered Architect (Position 5)
- Elizabeth Wiedower Jackson – Commercial Business Representative (Position 6)
- John Cosgrove – Real Estate Appraiser (Position 7)
- Stephen McNiel – Remodeler/Builder (Position 8)
- Steven F. Curry – Preservation Specialist (Position 9)
- Ann Collum – Citizen Representative (Position 10)
- Dominic Yap – Citizen Representative (Position 11)
- Charles Stava – Citizen Representative (Position 12)
- Ben Koush – Citizen Representative (Position 13)
- Samantha Bruer – Architectural Archivist, Houston Metropolitan Research Center
- Marta Crinejo – Mayor's Liaison
- Margaret Wallace Brown Director, Planning and Development, or
- Jennifer Ostlind - Deputy Director, Planning and Development
HAHC Deadline and Meeting Location
Certificate of Appropriateness applications are due 22 calendar days in advance of the meeting by 12 PM (noon) on the deadline date.