Office of Business Opportunity
Houston Small Business Legal Consultations (HSBLC)
The HSBLC coalition is a coordinated effort with the City of Houston Office of Business Opportunity and participating law firms providing FREE, holistic, focused consultations via telephone with pro bono lawyers assisting Houston area small businesses.
In addition to Vinson & Elkins, who with OBO, led coordination of this program, participating firms include Akin Gump, Arnold & Porter, Blank Rome, DLA Piper, Fish & Richardson, Greenberg Traurig, Hunton Andrews Kurth, Kilpatrick Townsend, Kirkland & Ellis, Latham & Watkins, Mayer Brown, Morgan Lewis, Norton Rose Fulbright, Orrick, Perkins Coie, Sidley Austin, Simpson Thacher, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, and Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.
Who is eligible?
- Small businesses
- Self-employed entrepreneurs
What issues can HSBLC assist with?
- Financial Assistance Programs: Loans and grants offered by the government and private institutions
- Commercial Leases
- Intellectual Property
- Other General Business Issues
- To sign up for a one (1) hour session with an attorney, please download and complete the form linked below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fillable Intake form and Waiver (.pdf)
**Your intake form will be screened by a law firm Pro Bono Counsel or employee of the City of Houston, and if accepted by the program, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Attorney within one week of acceptance.**