HEAR, the Houston Employee Assessment and Review, is a performance management process that provides a clear, two-way channel of communication between employees and their supervisors. Work plans are aligned with department goals and the Mayor's vision. Employees are also able to track and monitor job performance, giving them a clear roadmap for success.
Get Answers about HEAR
Contact your Departmental HEAR Administrator:
Performance Administrator Listing
To access HEAR via the Talent Management System:
- Go to http://talent.houstontx.gov.
- Enter your username – e123456 (six-digit employee number with the “e” – use leading zeros if needed).
- Enter your password – this is the same password you use to log into your computer at work.
Controller's Office: Password Reset Link or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your employee ID and reason for the email.
HAS employees: Password Reset Link or reach out to the HAS IT team with your employee ID and reason for the email.
HPD employees: Password Reset Link or reach out to HPD LMS Team at 832-394-2300 have your payroll ID and reason for the email available.
- For any password problems, please contact HITS Client Services Helpdesk at 832-394-4487 or by submitting a ticket through help.houstontx.gov.
HEAR Job Aids
- HEAR - Getting Started Guide
- Manager - Create a Plan
- Manager - Add SMART Goal
- Manager - Add Behavioral Factors
- Manager - Submit Plan for Approval
- Manager - Release HEAR Assessment
- Manager - Activate HEAR Review
- Reviewing Authority - HEAR Assessment
- Employee - Approve the HEAR Plan
- Employee - Finalize HEAR Assessment
HEAR Administrative Procedure (3-20) and Process Guidelines
HEAR Training Documents
- HEAR Process Training for Supervisors and Managers Presentation
- HEAR Process Reference Manual
- HEAR Process General Overview for Non-supervisors
- HEAR PowerPoint Presentation Introduction
- HEAR Trainer Orientation
- SMART Goal and Behavioral Factor Building Template
- ATTENTION!!! SMART Goal Overview & Template Builder for Supervisors & Managers
HEAR Media Resources
Supervisors and Managers
- HEAR Tri-fold brochure for supervisors
- HEAR implementation Crosswalk Steps for Supervisors and Managers (1-pager)