January 25, 2022 City of Houston District G Special Election Information
The City of Houston will conduct a special election on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at which there will be elected the following officer of the City:
Council Member, District G
Notice of Special Election To Fill a Vacancy, District G
Download the Notice of Special Election for early voting, ballot by mail, and election day voting information (.docx).
Please note that Election Day polling locations may change up until Election Day. Current Election Day polling location information is available at www.harrisvotes.com.
Candidate Contact Information (in alphabetical order)
- Mary Nan Huffman | 1 E Greenway Plaza, Suite 225, Houston, TX 77046 | phone: 713-487-9889 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piper Madland | PO Box 22081, Houston, TX 77227 | phone: 713-469-1785 | email@example.com
- D. Duke Millard | 5161 San Felipe, Ste 320-213, Houston, TX 77056 | phone: 346-306-2563 | DukeforDistrictG@gmail.com
- Raul (Roy) Reyes Jr. | 1609 W. Sam Houston Pkwy S., Houston, TX 77042 | phone: 281-451-9700 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houshang (Hank) Taghizadeh | 5116 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77056 | phone: 713-963-0884 | HankTAGHI@yahoo.com
Page last updated: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 6:15 AM
Candidate Filing Period
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
The last day to file for a place on the ballot is Thursday, December 16, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
The last day to file a declaration as a write-in candidate is Thursday, December 16, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
Applications for a place on the ballot must be filed in the Mayor’s Office, 901 Bagby, 3rd Floor, Houston, Texas, 77002. Applications may also be submitted via e-mail to Mayor@houstontx.gov. Please note that, for applications submitted via e-mail, the filing fee or petition in lieu of a filing fee must still be filed in person. Please also note that the first day of the filing period is set by state law and does not move; the hours of operation for the Mayor’s Office are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The documents below are .pdf
- Cover Letter
- Helpful Information
- Additional Instructions
- Sample Application Form
- Candidate Application Form
- Declaration of Write-In Candidate Form
- Petition in Lieu of Filing Fee -- English & Chinese | English & Spanish | English & Vietnamese
- Minimum Number of Signatures Required on a Petition
- Campaign Contributions Memo
- Chapter 18 Code of Ordinances (Ethics and Financial Disclosure)
- Letter RE: Posting of Political Signs in City ROW's and on City Property
- Candidate Contact Information
- Acknowledgment of Receipt
- Personal Financial Statement