Meetings Information, Etc.
(updated December 3, 2021 ) Due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, this meeting will offer the options to participate by videoconference or in-person. The meeting will be open to the public but restrictions regarding masks, allowable room capacity, and seating arrangements may be in place.
The public meeting location will be City Hall Council Chamber, 901 Bagby, 2nd Floor, Houston, Texas 77002. The Mayor, as presiding officer of City Council, and some Council Members will be physically present. Other Council Members will be participating by videoconference in accordance with the provisions of Section 551.127 of the Texas Government Code applicable to a governmental body that extends into three or more counties. The meeting with also be broadcast on HTV, the City of Houston’s municipal channel, and streamed on the City’s website at https://www.houstontx.gov/htv/index.html and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pg/HoustonTelevision/videos/.
To speak at Public Session on Tuesday December 7th, 2021:
- All speakers must register in advance (Monday, December 6th, 2021 by 3 p.m.).
- If you did not register in advance, you will not be recognized to speak.
- All public comment will occur starting at 2 p.m.
- To sign up to speak, please call the City Secretary’s Office at 832-393-1100.
- If you need translation services, please notify staff when registering.
- If you would like to attend the meeting and speak in person, the address is 901 Bagby, 2nd Floor, Houston, Texas 77002
- If you would like to attend virtually, please provide the City Secretary’s office with your email address so you can be added to the Teams meeting and appear on camera.
- If you are only able to call in, the number to call is: (936) 755-1521; Conference ID# 981 181 164#. You will need to call in prior to the start of the meeting.
- Please note that phone numbers of public speakers may appear on-screen during the broadcast and recording of the Council Meeting. The recording of a public meeting is subject to the Open Meetings Act and is public information under the Texas Public Information Act.
- You must remain on mute until the Mayor recognizes you to speak. When your name is called, press *6 (star six) to unmute yourself, and press *6 (star six) again, to mute yourself after your timed comments are heard. You will then have 1, 2, or 3, minutes to speak and then the bell will ring.
- If you speak out of turn, the meeting administrator may mute you. If you speak out of turn again, you may be removed from the meeting.
- Speakers who are late or do not speak up when their name is called will not be able to speak.
- Please hang up or disconnect to leave the meeting.
To monitor the Council Meeting on Wednesday December 8th, 2021:
- If you wish to monitor the meeting by phone on Wednesday, you may do so by calling (936) 755-1521; Conference ID# 261 145 042#.
- No public speaking will be allowed on Wednesday outside of the Public Hearing
- If you speak during the meeting, the meeting administrator may mute you.
- If you speak during the meeting again, you may be removed from the meeting.
Options for watching the meeting:
- HTV: https://www.houstontx.gov/htv/index.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/HoustonTelevision/videos/
---------- ------------ --------------
City Council meetings are conducted each week on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. and Wednesdays beginning at 9:00 a.m. Any citizen may speak before Council on a Tuesday beginning at 2:00 p.m. To reserve time to address City Council (up to three minutes), contact the City Secretary's Office (832.393.1100) prior to the commencement of the meeting. All Council meetings are open to the public.
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, the agenda is posted for public information, at all times, for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting on the bulletin board located at the rear entrance of the City Hall Annex, 900 Bagby. Copies of the agenda are available at no charge in the Office of the City Secretary in the City Hall Annex, Public Level. To receive the agenda by mail, send check or money order for $52 for a one year subscription, made payable to the City of Houston to the attention of the City Secretary, PO Box 1562, Houston, Texas 77251. To reserve time to appear before Council, call 713.247.1840 or come to the Office of the City Secretary, City Hall Annex, Public Level at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled public session shown on the agenda.
- View the City Council Agenda online
Typical Agenda Format
1:30 PM -- Roll Call , Adopt Minutes of Previous Meeting; 2:00 PM -- Public Comments (each speaker may reserve up to three minutes). 5:00 PM -- Recess
8:00 AM -- Reading of captions by the City Secretary. 9:00 AM -- Hearings, Mayor's Report, Consent Agenda, Matters Removed from Consent Agenda, Non-Consent Agenda, Matters Held, Matters to be Presented by Council Members (Pop-Off)