Starting Monday, November 13, 2017, residential recycle pick up will resume operation as normal. Place GREEN CART at the curb between 6 p.m. the day before and 7 a.m. on the
scheduled collection day.Visit our website for information on schedules and items accepted in your recycling GREEN CART.
Curbside Recycling Collection Service To Resume
Monday, November 13, 2017
Monday, November 13, 2017
“B Week” collection will begin the week of Monday, November 13, 2017.
“A Week” collection will begin the week of Monday, November 20, 2017 .
Know Your Service Days
As curbside recycling collection reboots, customers are encouraged to place only the following items in their green recycling carts: paper, cardboard, clean food cartons, plastic containers #1-5 and #7, aluminum cans and bimetal cans. A detailed list of accepted items can be found on department’s website. Customers are also reminded that glass is not accepted in the curbside containers, but can be recycled at all City recycling drop-off locations. The recycling link previously mentioned lists those locations and has them mapped.
What You Need To Know
- No Hurricane Harvey Debris should be in the recycling cart. While we recognize that many customers used their carts to haul demolition material to the curb immediately after Harvey, material of that type is not recyclable and is considered trash.
- Recycling should be loose and not bagged in the cart. Loose material speeds the processing line and ensures that contamination is kept at a minimum.
- Glass is not accepted at this time and should be taken to a convenient drop-off site.
- Junk Waste and Yard Waste services remain suspended until further notice. Those crews continue to work on Hurricane Harvey debris removal.
- All city drop-off locations continue to work on a 7 day schedule until further notice. These sites include the Neighborhood Depositories, Westpark Recycling Center and the Environmental Service Center. Remember to check with 3-1-1 or the department’s webpage for operating hours.
- The Recycling Collection Schedule is found here: http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/Recycle_Cal.pdf
- All Solid Waste Services Collection Day Information can be found at the following link: http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/service_schedules.html
SWMD Recycling Facilities
|Oct 25, 2017 - Curbside Recycling Collection Service To Resume Monday, November 13, 2017|
|Oct 11, 2017 - First Pass Debris Collection Substantially Complete|
|Sep 5, 2017 - Drop-Off Facility Hours Change Due to Flooding|
|Aug 30, 2017 - Trash & Debris Collection Information|
|Aug 29, 2017 - Secure Your Carts|
|Aug 28, 2017 - Storm Preparedness|
|DISASTER DEBRIS COLLECTION|
|NEIGHBORHOOD DEPOSITORY/RECYCLING CENTERS|
|DEBRIS SEPARATION GUIDELINES|