Solid Waste Management Department
Westpark Consumer Recycling Center
5900 Westpark, Houston, TX 77057
Located at Hwy. 59S between Chimney Rock & Fountain View
This facility accepts recyclables at no charge to City of Houston residents.
Houston, TX 77057
Key Map #491X
Monday - Saturday
View map with featuring depository/recycling centers city wide.
The Westpark Consumer Recycling Center at 5900 Westpark is a drive-through facility where citizens of Houston can drop off their recyclables. Currently, more than 11,000 citizens per month bring their recyclables to the center.
These are the ONLY accepted items at this location. No other material will be taken. For information on where to recycle and/or dispose of non-accepted items please see www.houstonsolidwaste.org.
- Paper – newspaper, office paper, junk mail, envelopes, magazines, postcards.
- Cardboard – please ensure boxes are clean of any food; AND empty of all packing materials ie Styrofoam, plastic air bags, plastic wrap, Kraft paper.
- Cartons – both aseptic and gable top such as juice cartons, soup cartons, milk cartons
- Metal Cans – metal cans, aluminum cans and bottles, soup cans, veggie cans, fruit cans, pet food cans.
- Glass – bottles and jars, clear, green and brown. Please ensure bottles and jars are empty, and lids have been removed.
- Plastic – #1-5 and #7, that are emptied and rinsed. Examples include soda bottles, milk jugs, detergent bottles, yogurt cups, and margarine tubs.
- Scrap Metal
- Electronics - computers, TVs, household electronics
- Tires – residents may bring up to 5 (five) tires without rims
- BOPA - batteries, Oil, Latex Paint and Antifreeze
- Flexible Plastic - flexible plastic of any kind including plastic bags, shrink wrap, tarps, snack bags.
Junk Waste, Tree Waste, and Garbage is not accepted at this facility. Please visit one of the SWMD Neighborhood Depositories Recycling Centers to properly handle these materials or for curbside service, refer to your Garbage, Tree Waste or Junk Waste collection schedule. For information please see www.houstonsolidwaste.org or call 3-1-1.
- CD’s or CD cases
- Bubble Wrap (hard plastic packaging)
- Flower pots
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Chemicals
- Oil Based Paint
- Plastic Soda Rings/Wrappers
- Plastic Coat Hangers
- Plastic furniture
- Pizza Boxes
- Junk Waste
- Tree Waste
NO large plastic items such as toys, garden tools, or furniture.
Junk Waste,Tree Waste, and Garbage is not accepted at this facility. Please visit one of the SWMD Neighborhood Depositories Recycling Centers to properly handle these materials or for curbside service, refer to your Garbage, Tree Waste or Junk Waste collection schedule.
Pre-sorting of materials and bringing them in one way containers that do not have to be returned to your vehicle will help reduce your wait time.
Examples of one way containers: cardboard boxes, paper grocery bags. Plastic trash bags can be used but are less preferred due to the tendency of some to mix garbage with the recyclables.
Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Centers
- North - 9003 N Main 77022
- Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
- Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
- Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
- South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
- Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
Neighborhood Recycling Drop-off Locations
Environmental Service Center (ESC) Locations
Proper disposal of materials is key to a healthy, clean environment. Visit each link for additional information.