Department of Neighborhoods
Neighborhood Restoration Centers Help Residents Impacted by Harvey
August 18 Harvey Recovery Fair Will Connect Residents to Services
August 14, 2018 -- The City of Houston and community partners BakerRipley and Memorial Assistance Ministries operate 14 Neighborhood Restoration Centers (NRCs) at locations throughout Houston to offer guidance and support to residents in need of Harvey recovery assistance. The centers are staffed with case managers who consult with residents to assess their needs, help them prepare a recovery plan, and connect them to needed services and resources. For NRC locations and weekday hours of operation, click on link: https://houstonrecovers.org/neighborhood-restoration-center/.
HARVEY RECOVERY FAIRS
A series of NRC Harvey Recovery Fairs will be held at different locations throughout the city over the next several months.
Residents are invited attend the first NRC fair, scheduled for August 18, 2018, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the West End Multi-Service Center, 170 Heights Blvd. 77007.
Several community partners will be present to offer services, supplies and resources to clients, as follows:
- Bread of Life - Clothing, shoes, bedding, toiletries, car seats and household supplies
- Boat People SOS – Donations of furniture and appliances and financial assistance
- Avenue CDC – Assistance with home repairs and unmet housing needs
- Disaster & Humanitarian Services - Case management and household items gift bag
- Sephora and Too Faced Cosmetics - Mini workplace makeovers and makeup giveaways
For more information, go to: https://houstonrecovers.org/neighborhood-restoration-center/.