Mayor's Office Press Release
City of Houston Announces the 10th Annual Mayor's Back to School Fest Presented by Shell
Registration is Open and Volunteers are Needed!
July 22, 2020 -- It is time to register for supplies or to volunteer at the Mayor's Back 2 School Fest presented by Shell. The City has partnered with the Houston Food Bank to distribute food, masks, backpacks, and school supplies for Houston-area elementary students and their families.
Date: Friday and Saturday, August 7-8, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., both days or while supplies last
Location: NRG, Yellow Parking Lot (8797 S. Main Street)
- Pre-registration is recommended and will begin on Monday, July 20th for all elementary school students and their families in the surrounding Houston area. Please register here: https://www.houstontx.gov/btsf/registermystudent.html.
- Friday and Saturday, August 7-8 (2 shifts per day)
- Shift 1: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Shift 2: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Please register here: https://www.houstontx.gov/btsf/volunteersneeded.html
- Volunteers must adhere to CDC guidelines. Masks and gloves will be provided.
- Volunteer Orientation will take place on Wednesday, August 5, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. via webinar.