Mayor's Office Press Release
The City Remembers Former University of Houston Baseball Player and Coach, John Altobelli, His Wife and Daughter, Who Were Killed in a Tragic Helicopter Crash
February 10, 2020 -- The city of Houston has scheduled the following tributes and light illuminations at city hall and the Montrose bridges in honor of the following.
- Monday, Feb. 10 - RED to honor former University of Houston baseball player and coach, John Altobelli, his wife and daughter who were honored today at a memorial service at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 - BLUE in memory of City Secretary Anna Russell
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 - BLUE /YELLOW for TBA announcement
- Friday, Feb. 14 - RED for Valentine’s Day
- Monday, February 24 - PURPLE/GOLD in memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna, to coincide with the memorial service at the Staples Center.
To learn more about the Mayor's Office of Special Events Commemorative Lighting Policies And Procedures https://www.houstontx.gov/specialevents/lightingrequest.html.