Houston Health Department
Educational Resources and Training
Antibiotic Stewardship resources
- Acinetobacter in Healthcare Settings | CDC.
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Acute Care | National Quality Partners.
- Antibiotic Stewardship | Texas Health and Human Services.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Program | Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Outreach Program | Duke University School of Medicine.
- Better Antibiotic Stewardship in Inpatient Settings | PEW.
- Core Elements of Outpatient of Antibiotic Stewardship | CDC.
- Training on Antibiotic Stewardship | CDC.
Infection Control resources
- CDC/STRIVE infection control training
- Combat Antimicrobial Resistance Globally | CDC.
- Implementation of Personal Protective Equipment in Nursing Homes to Prevent Spread of Novel or Targeted Multidrug-resistant Organisms (MDROs) | CDC.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Top 10 infection prevention questions to ask a nursing home's leaders | CDC.
- Resistance Map | CDDEP.
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists.
- Safety Program for Improving Antibiotic Use | Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
HAI MDRO organisms
- Healthcare-associated infections | CDC.
- Healthcare-associated infections resources | Texas Health and Human Services.
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE) in healthcare settings | CDC.
- What is C. diff (Clostridioides difficile or C. difficile)? | CDC.
- What is MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)? | CDC.
- General information about Candida auris | CDC.
- Be antibiotics aware | CDC.
- Clean hands count for patients | CDC.
- What you need to know about antibiotics in a nursing home | CDC.
- What to ask your healthcare provider about antibiotics | CDC.
- Patient education and promotional resources | CDC.
- Patient safety: What you can do to be a safe patient | CDC.
- Protect yourself and your family from antibiotic-resistant germs | CDC.
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections: Resources for patients and healthcare providers | CDC.
- Frequently asked questions about catheter-associated urinary tract infections | CDC.
- Frequently asked questions about surgical site infections | CDC.