Are you getting ready for an in-person job interview? It can be an intimidating experience, but with the right preparation and mindset, you’ll be ready to ace the interview. Here are some tips to help you get ready for your upcoming in-person job interview.
1. Research the company: Before you even start preparing for the interview, you should familiarize yourself with the company that you’re interviewing with. Research their history, mission, values, and product or services. You can also research the job duties and any news related to the company. This research will be invaluable during the interview when asked about why you want the job or why you should be the one chosen for the role.
2. Ask questions: You’ll likely be asked if you have any questions during your job interview. Having a list of questions beforehand will showcase your interest in the position and will make you stand out from the other candidates. Be sure to create thoughtful questions that demonstrate your understanding of the job and your desire to make an impact.
3. Dress professionally: Even if you’re not sure what the dress code is at the company, you should always dress professionally for in-person job interviews. Aim for a sophisticated, yet comfortable look that is appropriate for business occasions. Avoid wearing overly casual items such as jeans, flip-flops, and t-shirts.
4. Be prepared: Before the interview, practice answering common job interview questions in front of a mirror. This is an effective way to boost your confidence and build your confidence in your own answers. You should also bring a hard copy of your resume as well as any portfolio items that may be relevant to the role.
5. Make a good impression: As mentioned earlier, make sure you dress for success and arrive to the interview on time. Make sure to have a firm handshake and be sure to smile. Use small talk before the interview to get to know your interviewer and ask follow-up questions throughout the interview to show that you’ve been paying attention.