Volunteer Initiatives Program
Houston Citizens' Police Academy Alumni Association (HCPAAA)
- To bring the Houston Citizens' Police Academy graduates together to enhance the relations between the community and the police department.
- To share the values and guiding principles of HPD with other citizens and to improve the efficiency of law enforcement in the neighborhoods through shared responsibilities and resources. Members of the alumni provide a valuable service to the Houston Police Department in volunteering their personal time to enhance the overall delivery of police service to the citizens of Houston.
- Cadet Graduation - Recognize the Honor Cadet with a plaque.
- Lynn Clooney Memorial Award - Recognize an officer each year for their outstanding performance.
- Police Week (May) - thousands of children and adults tour the Police Academy facility.
- Benefits – assist with a benefit for a fallen or injured officer.
- Search and Recovery Team - On call to HPD and other law enforcement agencies to help search for missing persons, evidence, and/or bodies.
- Police Stations - various police facilities throughout the department including the Security Detail at Police Headquarters.
- Comida" Food Drive – The Alumni assists during HPD's annual food drive during the first Thursday through Sunday in December and is corporately sponsored by Fiesta Mart and Pepsi Bottling group. HCPAAA provides assistance by collecting food and money at local Fiesta Marts and boxing the collected food at the Pepsi Bottling warehouse. The food is given to local churches who in turn deliver the food to families in need of help during the Christmas Holidays.
- Comfort Coach - operate a mobile supply of drinks, snacks, and accessories for officers during significant events (SWAT scenes, large fires, road closures, natural disasters, etc.).
HCPAAA is a member of the Texas Citizens' Police Academy Alumni Association Region One. For more information refer to http://www.Geocities.com/HCPAAA.