2020 Swim Schedule
Houston Parks and Recreation Department pools open Memorial Day weekend to begin our summer swim schedule. The department operates 37 outdoor pools, which are open free of charge during summer operation and 29 water spray grounds, which are open year round.
Regular summer pool operating hours will begin Memorial Day Weekend. Check back beginning in April when our Summer 2020 Swim Schedule will be available.
Water Safety Tips
- Enroll children in swimming lessons.
- Keep children under 10 years of age within arms-reach of you at all time.
- Never allow children to swim alone, especially when lifeguards are not on duty.
- No diving in less than 13 feet of water.
- Always walk (do not run) when in an aquatic facility.
- Only use USA coast guard approved life jackets that are properly fitted for the child’s weight and body size.
- Do not allow children to ride on your back, do hand stand or any type of horseplay in swimming pools.
- Use sunscreen, apply 30 minutes before being exposed to sun.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration before expose to a heated environment.