Please note the following Pool Rules and Regulations designed to insure that your trip to a Houston Parks and Recreation Department (HPARD) pool is a pleasant one. Please note: Failure to obey a lifeguard on duty may result in immediate removal from the premises by law enforcement.
HPARD Pool Rules and Regulations
- Non-Service Animals Prohibited
- Changing diapers within 6 feet of water feature is prohibited
- Use of water feature if ill with a contagious disease is prohibited
- Do not drink water from water feature
- Use of water feature when ill with diarrhea is prohibited
- Appropriate swim-wear required – No cut-os, shorts, T-shirts, or thongs Swim diapers are required for infants and babies
- Shower with soap and water before entering pool
- Children under 8 must be accompanied in the pool by a parent or an adult
- No diving permitted
- Walk, don’t run, in and around the pool
- No rowdy, reckless, or objectionable behavior permitted
- No smoking, eating, or drinking, except in designated areas
- No beverages or alcohol in glass containers permitted
- No profanity, vulgar remarks, or abusive language permitted
- Only USA Coast Guard-approved life preserve wear is permitted
- No flotation devices, such as floaties and inflatables, are permitted
- No guests allowed in oice or mechanical areas, except in emergencies
- No group activities allowed for day camps, private lessons, or swim teams without prior approval from the Director of the Parks an Recreation Department or designee
- Organized groups must provide at least one adult chaperone for every 8 swimmers
- Aquatic sta is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or personal items
- Pool closes immediately at first sign of thunder or lightning and re-opens 30 minutes after thunder and lightning have ended
- No excessively loud music permitted
- No open swimming in deep end or diving wells
- Swim lanes are recommended for circle lap swimming
- Only one user on water slide at a time, with immediate entry into pool Respect others and enjoy your visit!
Deep Water Slide Rules and Regulations (For Patrons)
- A person must be at minimum 42” in height and able to swim unassisted to use water slides and tread water where applicable for 30 seconds to qualify.
- No free swim allowed in the diving well.
- One person on the water slide at a time, with an immediate entry into the water.
- Wait for previous water slide guest to reach the ladder before descending into the water.
- Swim directly to ladder and exit.
- Guests using water slide are not allowed to:
- Stand directly under or in front of the ladder
- Run o the slide
- Do hand stands or cartwheels o the slide
- Wear personal flotation devices
- No hanging from water slide
- No hanging on the side of diving well or sitting around the deck of diving well
- Parents and/or private instructors may not slide with the child from the water slide or wait in the water in front of the water slide for the child to descend
- Slide head first
- Lifeguards enforce all rules for the safety of all guests using the water slides.
- Use caution when using the water slides.
Deep Water Swim Test Policy
The deep water swim test consists of jumping feet first from the side of the pool at the deep end, coming up treading water for 30 seconds, leveling o and swimming any stroke across the pool
and back on the surface of the water.
What to Know Before You Go
What to Wear
Appropriate commercial swim-wear is required – No cut-offs, shorts, T-shirts, or thongs. The City of Houston’s policy prohibits the wearing of T-shirts in swimming pools unless an exemption letter has been accepted and filed in our Aquatics Office. Exemptions are granted based on medical and/or religious reasons, for the wearing of plain white T-shirts only.
For the Kids
Children under 8 must be accompanied in the pool by a parent or an adult. Swim diapers are required for infants and babies. No flotation devices are permitted, such as floaters and inflatables.
What Not to Do
No smoking is allowed. No eating and drinking is allowed, except in designated areas. No beverages in glass containers or alcohol are permitted. No excessively loud music is permitted.