> Houston Health Department > Healthy Families Houston
Houston Health Department
Healthy Families Houston
The Healthy Families Houston program is a free, evidence-based, intensive, home visitation program offered through the Houston Health Department.
- Strengthening family bonds
- Improving healthy child growth and development
- Encouraging healthy birth spacing
- Decreasing child abuse and neglect
- Linking clients to needed resources and services
Who is eligible?
- First time parents ages 14-19 who are pregnant or have a child less than 2 weeks old
- Current or former foster (mothers and/or fathers) youth who are pregnant or parenting a child between the ages 0-2
- Mothers and/or fathers who have been involved with Child Protective Services and are parenting a child ages 0-2