> Events and Venues > Houston Open
Events And Venues In Houston Area
November 11 to 14, 2021
Memorial Park Golf Course, 1001 East Memorial Loop Drive, Houston 77007
- Since 1946, Houston Golf Association (HGA) , host organization for The Houston Open, has elevated Houston’s PGA TOUR event and put the city in the national and international spotlight year after year. The Houston Open is the 10th longest running event on the PGA TOUR. The event’s rich heritage, elite field, strong fan engagement and deep community roots continue to maintain this legendary PGA TOUR event’s iconic status in golf.
- The Astros Golf Foundation will make minimum donations each year of $1.0 million to the Houston Parks and Recreation Department and $500,000 to the First Tee of Greater Houston, a non-profit organization that encourages youth to be active with the game of golf, via the PGA Tour. All other net proceeds will be distributed throughout the Houston community by the Astros Foundation.
- Memorial Park Golf Course is known as one of the best municipal courses in the nation and is visited by more than 60,000 patrons each year. Funded by the non-profit Astros Golf Foundation, the $18.5 million project has produced the promised world-class golf course for all Houstonians and the return in 2020 of the PGA Tour’s Houston Open to Memorial Park for the first time since 1963.
- Golfers will enjoy a course designed by one of the world’s most renowned golf course architects, Tom Doak; a new, state-of-the-art storm water irrigation system that will capture and retain 80 million gallons of storm water for irrigation purposes and remove the golf course irrigation from the City’s potable water system; a two-tiered 84-bay hitting structure; a new maintenance facility and additional parking.
- Doak has designed several of the top golf courses around the globe and rose to the challenge of creating a municipal golf course that could be played by both professionals and the general public. Four-time major winner and the world’s #1 ranked player Brooks Koepka also assisted as PGA Tour player consultant. Construction was completed by Don Mahaffey, president of Greenscape Methods.