Events And Theaters In Houston Area
Bayou City Art Festival
October 14 and 15, 2017
Downtown Houston, at and around City Hall, 901 Bagby
- An arts and entertainment destination for the entire family, the Bayou City Art Festival offers a fun filled day of art, entertainment, food, wine and beer featuring fine and festival fare offered from some of Houston’s most popular food trucks, restaurants and hotels with libations from top-tier sponsors.
- Established in 1972, the Art Colony Association (ACA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to producing high quality art festivals and events to provide financial support to local non-profit organizations. Over the past 46 years, the Art Colony Association, producer of The Bayou City Art Festival Downtown in the fall and Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park in the spring, has raised millions of dollars to help support local nonprofit organizations. The Festivals are funded in part by grants from the City of Houston and through Houston Arts Alliance.
- The Downtown festival is one of the top outdoor fine arts festivals in the nation. The two-day festival showcases the works of over 300 of the finest artists in the world. The outdoor event brings out more than 20,000 people into the iconic skyline of Downtown Houston offering visitors the opportunity to meet with exhibiting artists, and enjoy food and entertainment.
- 10am - 6pm, Saturday & Sunday, October 14-15, 2017
- Discounted tickets may be purchased online prior to the event. General admission is $15 per adult at the gate and $12 online. Child ticket is $5 (6-12 years old) and Children 5 and under are free.