District K Special Election
Candidate Contact Information
in alphabetical order
- Larry Blackmon | 6167 Ludington, #896 / Houston, TX 77035 | phone: 281.415.0351 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martha Castex-Tatum | 315 W. Alabama, Suite 103 / Houston, TX 77006 | phone: 832.426.4776 | email: email@example.com
- Carl David Evans | P.O. Box 31074 / Houston, TX 77031 | phone: 832.261.4768 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia "Pat" Frazier | P.O. Box 451823 / Houston, TX 77245 | phone: 713.454.4778 | email: email@example.com
- Anthony Freddie | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elisabeth E. Johnson | phone: 409.934.2988 | email: email@example.com
- Lawrence McGaffie | 4207 Woodmont / Houston, TX 77045 | phone: 832.454.0733 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aisha Savoy | 7700 Creekbend Drive, #7 / Houston, TX 77071 | phone: 832.883.0167 | email: email@example.com
- Gerry Vander-Lyn |17 Charleston Park Drive, #2910 / Houston, TX 77025 | phone: 832.643.9060 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On March 20, 2018, the City Council’s Agenda will include an item for the City Council to order a special election to fill the District K vacancy for the rest of the current term, which ends January 1, 2020.
- The election to fill the District K vacancy will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2018, a uniform election date.
- The filing period for a place on the ballot will start on March 20, 2018, when City Council orders the election, and will end at 5:00 p.m. on March 26, 2018.
- The dates above are based on requirements of the Texas Constitution and the Texas Election Code relating to special elections to fill a vacancy.
- Candidate packets are available on the City’s website and beginning on March 16, 2018, at City Hall, 3rd floor, 901 Bagby, Houston, Texas 77002. Please note that some of the electronic documents are formatted for 8 ½” x 14” paper which may affect printing.
- The filing fee for a place on the ballot is $500. Houston, Tex., City Charter art. V, § 6. Alternatively, candidates may submit a petition that includes the number of signatures required by the Election Code. Tex. Election Code § 143.005(d).
- The City Secretary will conduct a drawing on March 27 at 10:00 a.m. in the City Hall Annex Chamber to determine the order of candidates’ names on the ballot.
Links on this page are .pdf
- Cover Letter
- Helpful Info
- Additional Instructions
- Sample Application Form
- Candidate Application Form
- Declaration of Write-In Candidate Form
- Petition in Lieu of a Filing Fee (English and Spanish)
- Petition in Lieu of a Filing Fee (English and Vietnamese)
- Petition in Lieu of a Filing Fee (English and Chinese Traditional)
- Minimum Number of Signatures Required
- Campaign Contributions Memo
- Code of Ordinances Chapter 18 -- Ethics and Financial Disclosure
- Political Signs in City Rights-of-Way and City Property
- Personal Financial Statement
- Acknowledgement of Receipt
- Candidate Contact Information
Page last updated Monday, April 16, 2018 9:16 AM