2022-2023 City Council Redistricting
The City is embarking on a process to adopt new City Council district boundaries using the information from the 2020 US Census. Redistricting Town Hall meetings are underway and happening in each council district. This is the time for the public to begin submitting input, suggestions, or any ideas you have for how the districts will be redrawn. The Planning and Development Department will not be presenting “proposed maps” at the Redistricting Town Hall meeting. “Proposed maps” will be presented at the Public Hearing meetings in July.
Details about the redistricting process can be found on the Planning and Development Department’s website and the Budget & Fiscal Affairs committee presentation. Please view page 9 of the presentation to see what the 2020 Census determined current populations of all Council Districts to be, and why District H will need boundary adjustments to come into compliance.
- District H Redistricting Town Hall Recording
- Details on the Redistricting Process
- Redistricting Timeline
- Redistricting Presentation from Budget & Fiscal Affairs Committee
- April 25, 2022 – District H Redistricting Town Hall
- May 25, 2022 at 6:00 pm – Virtual Redistricting Town Hall Meeting: bit.ly/hou-redistricting
- July 13, 2022 at 9:00 am – Public Hearings of City Council
- July 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm – Public Hearings of City Council
- July 20, 2022 at 9:00 am – Public Hearings of City Council
- July 20, 2022 – Deadline for public submission of redistricting plans