City Council COMMITTEES AND AGENDAS
Economic Development Subcommittee on Education
The Subcommittee on Education will uphold the Economic Development Committee’s mission to build prosperity through job creation and business and trade opportunities.
The subcommittee will enact policy, funding and public awareness initiatives to ensure all Houstonians are equipped for the workforce. It also will work with educational communities across the city to further develop the necessary skill sets for Houston’s industries.
District H Council Member Karla Cisneros serves as the subcommittee’s chairwoman.
Documents below are .pdf unless otherwise indicated.
Subcommittee on Education Agendas, Presentations, & HTV Links
- April 10, 2019 -- Overcoming the Math Barrier to Higher Education
Agenda | Mathematics Pathways and Student Success: Transitioning through the Educational Ecosystem | The Failures of the Mathematics Pipeline for Minorities | Watch the meeting here
- March 6, 2019 -- Strategizing a Path to a First Job
Agenda | Children at Risk: Growing Up in Houston | Watch the meeting here
- February 13, 2019 -- Closing the Skills Education Gap
Agenda | Houston's Two Gap Challenge | Meeting Students Where They Are | Watch the meeting here
- January 9, 2019 -- Mental Health, Wellbeing, & Success in the Workforce
Agenda | Community Conversations | Community Conversations Roundtable Responses | State of Mental Health for Houston's Youth | Workplace Stress | Watch the meeting here
- December 12, 2018 -- Employment Trends and Education Policy Makers
Agenda | Employment Projections Special Report | Watch the meeting here
- October 10, 2018 -- The Economic Alliance and the Investment in Early Childhood
Agenda | An Equitable Future for All: Investing in Early Childhood Development | Economic Alliance - Growing & Marketing a Vibrant Regional Economy | Watch the meeting here
- September 12, 2018 -- Public/Private Partnerships and Collaborations to Enhance Educational and Workforce Development Opportunities
Agenda | Executive Summary - “The Secret to Sustainable School Transformation” | Building Trade Multi-Craft Core Curriculum | Transforming High Needs K-12 Schools | Watch the meeting here
- August 8, 2018 -- The Connection Between Education, Demographic Patterns, & Economic Outlooks
Agenda | Professor Klineberg’s Presentation (.pptx) | Watch the meeting here