The Audience Listening to Mayor Sylvester Turner’s address
The Kick-Off celebrated Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Complete Communities initiative in Gulfton. Agencies and organizations that have created community plans or assessments presented those plans at the Kick-off meeting, highlighting vision and goals, and highest priorities in the community.
The following plans and studies were conducted by community organizations serving Gulfton. These plans were created in collaboration with all aspects of the community and were captured in various ways including public meetings, door-to-door surveys, focus groups and interviews.
Plans were presented by:
- Tina Megdal, Legacy Community Health: Legacy Community Health Needs and Assets Assessment Sharpstown /Alief / Gulfton, A Collaboration: Episcopal Health Foundation with Legacy Community Health (2015)
- Anne Whitlock, Connect Community: Briefing Book Connect Community Impact Zone Prepared by: Asakura Robinson (2017)
- Ana McNaught, Baker-Ripley: Community Voices Report Gulfton Community (2017)
- Sandra Rodriguez, Gulfton Super Neighborhood Council: Gulfton Community Survey and Action Plan (2016)
The City recognizes that they may not be the only entity to make project ideas become reality. It takes the cooperation of other government agencies, non-profit groups, funders, foundations, and citizens like you. The next step is to compile all comments and begin drafting an Action Plan.
Hear the voices of residents explain what they like best about Gulfton.
HTV recording of the kick-off meeting
All public meetings were recorded by HTV. You can view them from this site and click “Specialty".
Handouts and Meeting Materials
- Meeting Agenda
- Complete Communities FAQs
- Complete Communities Planning Process
- Gulfton Complete Community Data Snapshot
- Gulfton Complete Community Data Book (coming soon)
- Gulfton Complete Community Summary of Existing Plans
Maps, Data and Statistics