Boards and Commissions
Boards, commissions, committees, councils, corporations, authorities, agencies, etc. involve residents of the City of Houston who volunteer their time and expertise for the benefit of the community by setting policy, settling disputes, aiding fellow citizens, fundraising, and planning for Houston’s future.
- Houston Spaceport Development Corporation Board (.pdf, for March 25, 2022)
- Houston Women’s Commission Meeting Agenda (.pdf, for April 11, 2022)
- Police Task Force Report (.pdf, September 2020)
- B&C Ethics Committee Meeting (04.29.2022) Agenda (.pdf)
If you are interested in appointment by Mayor Sylvester Turner in an area where your expertise and commitment will make a difference, please review the board descriptions, the legal requirements and qualifications to serve, as well as the boards’ websites and social media sites to determine if you are a good fit for a specific board or commission. We look forward to your application!
- Click here for the Boards and Commissions List (opens in a new tab)
Select a Category, Click on an Image
- September 25, 2020 -- Mayor Turner Honoring Five Houstonians During Hispanic Heritage Month
- March 5, 2020 -- Mayor Turner and City Council appoint to the Port of Houston Authority
- June 29, 2018 -- Mayor Appoints New Boards and Commissions Director
- Mayor Turner Announces Changes to the Houston First Board
- Mayor Turner Announces Members of the LGBT Advisory Board
- Mayor Turner Makes More Changes at METRO