BARC Animal Shelter and Adoptions
Adopt A Pet / Search Adoptable Pets
Adoption Process Update
In an effort to minimize non-essential traffic in our buildings & help reduce the spread of COVID-19 BARC is implementing Curbside Pet Adoptions effective immediately!
BARC is open for Curbside Pet Adoptions from 10am - 5pm Thursday-Tuesday. We are closed on Wednesdays. Adoptions close at 5:00PM and all adopters must be checked-in no later than 5PM. Please note that animal adoptions remain first come, first serve.
See the most up-to-date listing of available pets below! Please note that pets listed as FOSTER are currently not in the shelter, but can still be adopted by emailing email@example.com.
Adopting a Pet at BARCFollow the steps below to adopt a pet that is currently in the shelter.
1. Start the process by parking in one of the numbered Adoption Parking spaces located in our Adoption Center (3300 Carr St) and wait in your vehicle as you complete the steps below.
2. Once you have selected 1-2 pets you are interested in, check into Waitwhile and let us know what parking spot you are in. Please make sure you don't check in until you arrive to BARC (3300 Carr Street).
3. Once you check in you a customer service team member will begin a chat via Waitwhile to provide adoption status and information. Should the pet you want already be adopted, let us know who else you are interested in adopting.
4. We are now proud to offer a virtual meet-and-great through Zoom video conferencing. Watch the video below to find out how the process works!
5. Once adoption is verified and completed, please wait for your Curbside Adoption Delivery! Please note that you will need to place your pet in the vehicle.
If you need additional information about adoptions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the pet you want to adopt in foster care?Follow the steps below to adopt a pet in Foster Care! Pets in Foster Care will have "Foster" listed as their Kennel on BARCly or will show an email address in the PetHarbor comments.
1. Email email@example.com with the name and animal ID of the pet you are interested in.
2. BARC will connect you with the foster caregiver through email so that you can learn more about the pet's personality! You can also set up a virtual meet & greet with the pet! Please allow at least 48 hours for the foster caregiver to reach out.
3. Find your purrfect match? The foster caregiver will provide next steps and notify BARC that you are moving forward with the adoption. Please plan to come to BARC to complete the adoption process once approved.
If you need additional information on adopting a pet from foster care please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Things to Remember
- • You must be 18 years old & have a valid goverment-issued photo ID to adopt.
• Please check the pet policies at your residence, including breed or size restrictions and pet deposits/fees, prior to completing the adoption process.
• If the pet you've fallen in love with is already spayed or neutered, they will leave with you the same day. Be prepared to take your new pet home with you! BARC provides a cardboard carrier for cats and a temporary leash for dogs.