BARC Animal Shelter and Adoptions
Adopt A Pet / Search Adoptable Pets
Updated Adoption Process
In an effort to minimize non-essential traffic in our buildings & help reduce the spread of COVID-19 BARC is implementing Curbside Pet Adoptions effective immediately!
**Adoptions close at 5:00PM** All adopters must be checked-in no later than 5PM.Browse our links below to view available pets. If a pet is listed in foster care please reach out to email@example.com com in order to connect you to the foster caregiver. Please note that pets listed as Foster are currently not in the shelter. Click here to view the steps for adopting a pet in foster care.
- 1. Start the process by parking in one of the numbered Adoption Parking spaces located in our Adoption Center (3300 Carr St) and wait in your vehicle and complete the steps below.
- 2. Once you have selected a pet, check into Waitwhile and let us know what parking spot you are in. Please make sure you don't check in until you arrive to BARC (3300 Carr Street).
- 3. Once you check in you a customer service team member will begin a chat via Waitwhile to provide adoption status and information.
- 4. We are now proud to offer a virtual meet-and-great through Zoom video conferencing. Click here to find out how the process works.
- 5. Once adoption is verified and completed, please wait for your Curbside Adoption Delivery! Please note that you will need to place your pet in the vehicle.
Adoptions is open from 10am - 5pm Thursday-Tuesday and we are closed on Wednesdays. Please note that animal adoptions remain first come, first serve. Please have a list of 1-2 pets you are interested in. Should the pet you want already be adopted, let us know who else you are interested in adopting.
If you need additional information about adoptions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that all adoptions are completed on a first come, first served basis.**
Our standard adoption fees are as follows